Sunday, February 3, 2013

What your members think and never tell you


“When I walk the into the Club restaurant, my hope is someone will remember me and more precisely, my name.  If they are new, fine, my expectation goes from know to hopefully learn while serving me over the course of an hour or so.
If you don’t bother to remember me each time, the only thing you have done is sell me an expensive burger (or chicken wrap) that I could have bought for less without the name thing from a restaurant that doesn’t require $300-500 per month just for the privilege of entering”.
PelicanGrill_Lounge-TVs_600pix_0
Is remembering your members name really that important?
Dale Carnegie starts one of the greatest books ever written with the importance of a persons name saying, “it is the most beautiful sound in the world…”.
The sole reason they pick the club restaurant over the other thirty they pass on the way is to (hopefully) have someone recognize them...of course they will never tell you this because no one wants to appear shallow or in need of attention, but the truth is, that should be at the top of your mission list:
Remember the Member each and every time (and they will rarely leave you).

No comments:

Post a Comment